Thursday 28 June 2012

'...And Then she Looked Down Upon her Whimsical Wim-Bous Forever into the Eternal Surreal'

Mixed media on canvas 122cm x 156cm


Here she is!! Finally they have come back home with me.

The artwork above is one of mine which I produced for my Fine Art A-level (A2) course back in 2011.

Description:

'I began the process of working towards this canvas painting with the desire to combine my passion for both Illustration and Fine Art, and my interests into the imagination and surreal, and that which is beautiful and magical. On this canvas I painted these characters which I have created through my imagination, drawing inspiration from the natural world, bringing life and an emotive connection between them and me, and possible even to viewers. 

In the canvas are my Whimsial Wim-bou characters on the right, top: The elderly Whimsical Wim-Grandes, middle: baby Whimsical Wim-bou, and bottom: the parental Whimsical Wims, and on the left is my ethereal mermaid/bird/female creature who watches over them in their psychedelic world.
The Wim-bous were inspired by (fuschia plants) flowers and my ethereal Goddess by creating my own children's flip-book, morphing parts of birds, shells and a female figure together.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment