Friday 15 August 2014

Character sheet for 'Wind Spirit child'

digital illustration of a Wind Spirit child

Looks cool doesn't it?
For the past year, I have been working on an 'indie fantasy role playing game' with some friends from South Bank University and Wimbeldon College of Arts. I am in charge of character design so I made a test for a character using Photoshop so that another guy in our group can model it in 3ds max! This was my first time filling in my drawing with digital colour. I think next time I will try Illustrator (less pixelation). Other than that I think she looks beaut! 

The character is a child of the Wind Spirit. She can fly and manipulate the wind (totes fantasy derivative). In this alternate world, it is common to have 'children of the...' Wind Spirit, Fire Spirit, Earth Spirit...etc. It just means they possess the attributes of that spirit. And they get to wear a funky outfit!

To paint/colour in digitally is just like physical colouring in and drawing. For me, the more I work at it and practice, the more control I have over the stylus. Painting by hand would have been way quicker for me and I would physically have an original artwork but don't they say it's all about trying out new things?




No comments:

Post a Comment